Seems everywhere you look people are hawking their own versions of spiritual enlightenment. Teachings, trainings, techniques that are guaranteed to transform every inch of your life, enabling you to manifest your heart's desire with a wave of their particular brand of magic wand.
Especially now with all the uproar going on.
You want to believe, yet you're skeptical, not sure what to expect, concerned it might be scary. Or weird. Or...
Yet, there's another part of you equally afraid that, if those claims actually happen, your life will change. And then what? Even scarier!
Change is Scary
Any time shift happens in your life, your programmed, primitive, fear-based consciousness gets really loud and get triggered into freak out mode. That part of you resists change (even positive change), is terrified of your own magnificence and runs from any inkling of attaining personal power.
Its Job (with a capital J) is all about maintaining the status quo, keeping you in your Comfy Place (even if it’s not comfortable at all) simply because it seems "safer" hiding there.
In the Beginning
Most often when people start doing spiritual work, they’re excitedly wide-eyed, thinking wow, won’t this be fun! I’ll do this for a while, attain enlightenment, manifest everything I want and live in bliss forever!
Usually they don’t anticipate that this work is not about just learning information. Rather, it's an experiential journey that might be life-long, with as many downs as ups; as much pain as joy; as much struggle as peace.
Things Experienced on a Spiritual Journey
Not trying to scare you, and everyone is different, but here are some common occurrences from doing spiritual work:
1. Deep sadness and/or fear. This could be your old self mourning the release of your past self. It could be feeling emotions you've suppressed for lifetimes. It could also be awakening sensitivity to the pain of the human condition you’ve been able ignore previously.
2. A strong need to change jobs or careers. This transition may take several job changes until you find your path and may entail a directional change that feels more meaningful and important.
3. Relationship shifts. People are often in your life playing out old karmic cycles. As you clean up your life and get more aware, you may not need to be with them any longer, the relationship may feel different, or may even change forms. Some relationships go through positive changes and attain a higher level.
4. Feeling spacey, forgetful, confused. You could be less attatched to your body and this physical reality so you may have trouble focusing with your logical mind. You’re connecting with Higher Consciousness. You'll adjust.
5. Excitement changes. Things that used to bring happiness may not feel the same. You may lose your desire for drama and negativity.
6. More purposeful compassion. This often comes with a desire to assist on a bigger level; a need to help others or the planet in some way. A deep longing to discover why you are here.
7. Energetic sensitivity and empathy. Heightened awareness of other’s energy as well as sensing things going on planetarily. Crowds, noise, the news, etc. may cause feelings of overwhelm for a while.
Authentic You Emerging
Experiencing any or all of the above is actually a good sign. It means that who you used to be is going away. Granted, it feels odd at first, like adjusting to a new wardrobe. But it gets easier to trust the Authentic You that's arriving and toss those old clothes in the donation bin.
And One More Thing
Committing to your spiritual evolution often brings some Big Life Challenges.
Your Higher Consciousness does whatever it takes to help you stretch into more aspects of yourself, learn about trust and clean up karma at warp speed.
Eventually you’ll look back at those experiences of awakening and completely understand their value and Divine Necessary Perfection.
You'll also know that this invitation to the best rollercoaster ride of your life was well worth it.
You are invited to dive deeply into your spiritual journey, resolve self-sabotaging programming and create the life you truly deserve. Royce Morales offers breakthrough inner-tools that get to the roots so your life can shift. She’s available for continuing group classes, an e-course and private inner journey sessions using her empowering spiritual clearing techniques.
Contact Royce for a free fifteen minute consultation to see if this work is a good fit.
Royce is the author of three books about her teachings: “Want: True love, past lives and other complications;” “Know: A spiritual wake-up call;” and “Back: Rebirth After Stroke,” all available on amazon.com